Effective date: April 1, 2020
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use the Luqrate Site and the choices you have associated with that data.
“We” are Luqrate Mobile (Pty) Ltd, and “us”, “our” and “Luqrate Mobile” have a corresponding meaning herein. “You” and “your” refer to the User (User, includes members or guest of and/or to the Luqrate Site).
- For the purposes of this policy, Personal Information will be understood in accordance with the definition provided in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“the Act”). Luqrate Mobile also subscribes to the principles for electronically collecting personal information outlined in the Act, and the further legislation referred to therein. We endeavour to ensure the quality, accuracy and confidentiality of Personal Information in our possession.
2. Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service offering to you. The types of information we collect include:
2.1 Personal Information
Users will be prompted to register an account with Luqrate Mobile. In so doing, we may request you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information (Personal Information). This may include, but is not limited to:
- First and last name
- Cell phone number
- Next of kin / Legacy contact details
- Email address
- Address, Province, City and Postal code
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Bank Account and Payment Details. (Details to be used by Luqrate to make payments into your designated account upon receiving a withdrawal request)
2.2 Log Files
2.2.1 When you access the Luqrate Site, even if you do not create an account, we may collect certain information automatically, such as your IP address, the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your browser, the website from which you visit us, the pages on our website that you visit and in what sequence, the date and length of your visit, and other information concerning your computer’s operating system, language settings, and broad demographic information. This information is aggregated as anonymous data and does not identify you specifically.
2.2.2 However, you acknowledge that this data may be able to be used to identify you if it is aggregated with other Personal Information that you supply to us. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within Luqrate Mobile on a need-to-know basis.
2.2.3 Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above, without your explicit consent.
2.3 Tracking & Cookies Data
2.3.2 You have the option to set your browser preferences to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. It should be noted that should you disable cookies on your browser that some elements of the Luqrate Site, especially those features that improve and operate user interface and experience, will also be disabled.
2.3.3 Examples of Cookies we use:
220.127.116.11 “Session cookies”: These are used to maintain a so-called ‘session state’ and only lasts for the duration of your use of the Luqrate Site. A session cookie expires when you close your browser, or if you have not visited the server for a certain period. Session cookies are required for the Platform to function optimally but are not used in any way to identify you personally.
- “Permanent cookies”: These cookies permanently store a unique code on your computer or smart device hard drive to identify you as an individual user. No Personal Information is stored in permanent cookies. You can view permanent cookies by looking in the cookies directory of your browser installation. These permanent cookies are not required for the Luqrate Site to work, but may enhance your browsing experience.
- “Preference Cookies”: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- “Security Cookies”: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
3. Use of Data
Luqrate Mobile uses the collected data for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- The provision and performance of the Luqrate Site;
- Informing you of changes made to the Luqrate Site;
- The marketing of related services to you by Luqrate Mobile;
- Responding to any queries or requests you may have;
- Providing customer care and support;
- Providing analysis or valuable information for improving the Luqrate Site;
- To develop new products, services, features and functionality;
- Detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- Understanding general user trends and patterns so that we can develop and support existing and ongoing marketing strategies;
- For security, administrative and legal purposes; and
- The creation and development of market data profiles which may provide insight into market norms, practices and trends to help us improve our offering to you. Such information will be compiled and retained in aggregated form, but shall not be used in any way which may comprise the identity of a user.
4. Transfer of Data
- Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to and from South Africa to external servers located outside of your province, country or governmental jurisdiction, where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
- Your usage of the Luqrate Site followed by your submission of such information represents your agreement to such transfer.
- Luqrate Mobile will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated and controlled securely.
5. Disclosure of Data
Luqrate Mobile may disclose your Personal Information in the good faith where such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Luqrate Mobile;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the usage of the Luqrate Site;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Luqrate Site and the public in general;
- To protect against legal liability.
6. Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
7. Service Providers
8. Links Third Party Sites
- Luqrate Mobile, and the services available through the Luqrate Site, may contain links to other third party websites, API’s or mobile applications, including but not limited to social media platforms, payment gateways, or live chat platforms (“Third Party Sites”). If you select a link to any Third Party Site, you may be subject to such Third Party Site’s terms and conditions and/or other policies, which are not under the control, nor responsibility, of Luqrate Mobile.
- Hyperlinks to Third Party Sites are provided “as is”, and Luqrate Mobile does not necessarily agree with, edit or sponsor the content on Third Party Sites.
- Luqrate Mobile does not monitor or review the content of any Third Party Site. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and we should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of other websites, either.
- Users should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any Third Party Site before disclosing any personal information to them. Luqrate Mobile does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service some of these Service Providers may include:
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We also encourage you to review Google’s policy for safeguarding your data: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245. For more information on what type of information Firebase collects, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
10. Children’s Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us to investigate and take the appropriate actions.
12. Application of The Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 Of 2002 (“Ect Act”)
12.1 Data Messages (as defined in the ECT Act) will be deemed to have been received by Luqrate Mobile if and when Luqrate Mobile responds to the Data Messages.
12.2 Data Messages sent by Luqrate Mobile to a user will be deemed to have been received by such user when successfully in terms of the provisions specified in section 23(b) of the ECT Act.
12.3 Users acknowledge that electronic signatures, encryption and/or authentication are not required for valid electronic communications between users and Luqrate Mobile.
12.4 Users warrant that Data Messages sent to Luqrate Mobile from any electronic device, used by such user, from time to time or owned by such user, were sent and or authorised by such user, personally.
|Luqrate Mobile (Pty) Ltd is a Private Limited company incorporated under the laws of the Republic of South Africa with registration number 2018/245843/07.|
|Our address of establishment is at 17 Riebbok Street, Groblersdal, 0470, and we will accept service of all legal documents there;|
|Our telephone and support number is||Tel: +27(0) 10 013 1223|